Monday, September 29, 2008

Live blogging the house vote on the economic crisis

THE REPUBLICANS ARE BLAMING NANCY PELOSI.
This is too rich!

2:12 DOW Down 576
VOTES Yea: 207 Nay: 226 VOTING OVER BILL HAS FAILED

2:08 DOW Down 531
VOTES Yea: 207 Nay: 226 VOTING OVER but may be extended

2:00 DOW Down 475
VOTES Yea: 207 Nay: 226 I should have sold my stocks 6 months ago. Oh, wait! I don't have any stocks. Nevermind

1:53 Bouncing back slightly. Down 457

1:45 Turn to MSNBC and watch the vote. And watch the dow sink as the no votes accumulate. This is scary. Down 600 at this point.

1 comment:

alan said...

I was watching as well...

I told someone else who lives there the other day to "watch out for falling brokers"...

Thank you for stopping by earlier. If you only knew how I worry about the two of you and wonder what's going on, but don't want to "bother" you with my worrying. I keep hoping somehow that things are going to be all right.

Thinking of you both...

alan

Site Meter