Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's about to get McNasty!

Things are looking bad for McCain. Really, really bad. Actually, things are looking so bad that you can bet the Republicans are ready to throw it all at Obama and hope some of it sticks.

What I think we all need to keep in mind over the next five weeks is that all they have left at this point is tearing Obama down. McCain can't run on ideas because he has none. And Palin is proving to be the failure that keeps on giving so he can't run on her appeal (the base loves her and that's about it).

So the next few weeks they will work to ruin Obama. The swiftboating of '04 is nothing compared to what's about to come. I suggest turning off the news and not going online for a while (though not even I can do that).


Get ready for them to attempt to tear Obama apart by any means necessary.

And the polls will tighten.

So go, now, and do something. Give money, knock on doors, make sure all your friends are registered. Offer to take a neighbor to the polls.

I assure you on election day the religious right will be mobilized and they will vote even in the case of a natural disaster.

We need that resolve and then some. We, progressive and fair minded individuals, need to commit right now, that no matter what, we will cast our vote. No excuses, no exceptions.

I just pray that I can make it to the other side sober. I have never been so nervous in all my life. We can't afford to lose. America can't afford to lose.

No comments:

Site Meter